Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2 and I'm already slipping.
How about you?
You guys doing OK?

Was it the dirt that made me more alert of God's presence, love, and sacrifice?  I think I felt special yesterday.  Choosen to wear my patch of dirt proud.  A sign that not only am I loved, but I belong somewhere.  I belong to a church that gave me this mark.  But today?

Who are we outside of Christ's body?  The purpose of church, beyond worship, the purpose seems to be to worship together.  To be part of a support system with the same base.  Are you a part of your church's support system?  When you go to church, do you feel accepted, loved... marked?  If you don't go to church, where do you find your acceptance.  Who do you worship with?  Where do you worship?

I find myself worshiping everywhere, but the least in church these days.  I do not feel accepted.  Yes, this southern town is a bit stiff if you don't bring your husband with you in his seersucker suit.   Or maybe it's because they don't enjoy the lady that flys out of the house with not completely matching clothes. (It's only mainly for the 7:30 AM mass.  Come on, it's 6 something when you get up for it!)  Or maybe it's me.  I haven't joined anything.  I judge them on what they wear and how much money they have.  Maybe it's because I don't want to be accepted.  After all, what would we talk about?  So, is it me, or the body of Christ?  A bit of each?  But we can only change ourselves, right?
So, what are you doing today and tomorrow to be more open to people that are in our body of Christ, or maybe want to join?

Oh, and here's me today.   

No comments: